04 March 2010

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland Wallpapers

Vlad Gerasimov is one of my favourite digital artists. I love his wallpapers.

Tonight I am going to see Alice in Wonderland. Yes, today’s the official release day in New Zealand! Before that, let me share a set of Alice wallpapers by Vlad.

vladstudio_alice1_1280x1024

“… Down, down, down. Would the fall never come to an end? I wonder how many miles I’ve fallen by this time?..”

Look at the top right circle, it writes “New Zealand” and “Australia”, ya, the other side of the world, which is, this side I am in.


vladstudio_alice2_1280x1024 

“…but, alas! Either the locks were too large, or the key was too small, but at any rate it would not open any of them…”


vladstudio_alice3_1280x1024

“…Oh,my poor little feet,I wonder who will put on your shoes and stockings for you now, dears? I’m sure I shan’t be able!..”


vladstudio_alice4_1280x1024

“… I wish I hadn’t cried so much! ” said Alice, as she swam about, trying to find her way out. “I shall be punished for it now, I suppose, by being drowned in my own tears! That will be a queer thing, to be sure! However, everything is queer today…”

This, really, makes me think.


vladstudio_alice5_1280x1024

She hastily put down the bottle, saying to herself: “That’s quite enough - I hope I shan’t grow any more - As it is, I can’t get out at the door – I do with I hadn’t drunk quite so much!


vladstudio_alice6_1280x1024

“…One side will make you grow taller, and the other side will make you grow shorter…”


vladstudio_alice7_1280x1024

“I didn’t know that Cheshire cats always grinned; in fact, I didn’t know that cats could grin…”

In the movie Alice in Wonderland, Stephen Fry is the Cheshire cat, that should be really cool.


I really love Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, not so much Through Looking Glass though. But Lewis Carroll is always my hero. Look forward to tonight’s movie, because Tim Burton is my favourite too (yes, and Johnny Depp…).

If you’ve never read the story, you really should.

No comments:

Post a Comment