22 October 2011

Pater et unigenitus filius

No time to type this epiphany out in Chinese - well to be more correct, I nearly have no time at all to type this up.

The other day I was meditating - just a more fancy word to say "I was thinking" because I have used the word "epiphany" already - and I have realized this one most important thing from having Caelum in my life: why God has chosen to use "Father and only begotten (unigenitus) son" relationship to reveal himself and his salvation.

If I didn't have a son, I would not fully understand the pain, the suffering, the seriousness, the symbolism God has chosen to use this relationship to represent. Think about that, why didn't God set the identity of Jesus to be something like "the doppelgänger", or "the homo sapiens presentation of God himself", or whatever, but instead has chosen the Father-son relationship to tell people who Jesus is? The great love he wants to show us through sending his unigenitus filius has a much greater magnitude of depth, and it's not some arbitrary thing that he has decided to do out of nowhere.

And I guess, one with a child may understand more about the pain that God himself is bearing in the whole salvation project: imagine sending your child to the cross, and before that, facing all those difficulties and accusations and sufferings.

Anyway, if this doesn't make much sense or in anywhere words missing or sentences incomplete, forgive me - trying to make a baby sleep at the same time. Shhhhh...

No comments:

Post a Comment