01 October 2011

The day after Caelum Nicholas Mok arrived

So after 36+ hours of contractions and 20 mins of active pushing delivery, Caelum arrived at 9:25am yesterday, 30th September 2011. Jacky said I should have waited for another 5 mins so it would be 9:30 on 30/09. I tell you what, in serious pain, you just want baby out ASAP.

My epidural mostly wore off before delivery, but midwife said not going to top up because I need to do it. So I did. Honestly it wad crazily painful 20 mins, but I know compare to our mums who didn't take epidural at all it's ten times less painful already. Also, thanks to the super pro epidural guy, I on and off slept for 5 hours before giving birth, so kind of full of energy. That's why I was kind of fast already. Nevertheless I tell you, very very painful, very. Don't believe anyone who said it's nit painful unless they got epidural all the way (which will make the pushing part slower and more difficult but painless).

People said I should be proud of myself for having done that, actually I only felt amazing that I actually have done that - and succeeded. Did I actually gave birth to this 3.46kg baby who's now sleeping on my shoulder? Soft but not fragile actually, feels really firm and tough already.

Oh yeah, and heaps of hair, like me when I was born. Though this is the only thing looks like me, everything else looks like a little Nick already. He has many distinctive features of Nick. You know, even his hair style is similar to his daddy, how could that be?!

I am not the "my boy is the cutest" type of person. I will tell you that he's a good sleeper - for now - and not too interested in eating yet. Heavy, yes, will surely feel tire after holding him for a while. Can poop and fart. Not crying much as he prefers sleeping. Hearing is very good, attracted to sound and like to look around (although he can't see much at this stage, only shapes and colours). Oh and, the obvious: chubby face )o_o( and black long hair. Mucous still in his tummy and respiration system so he doesn't sleep very well sometime if lying down with his back. So, like now, I hold him and let him sleep more upright, then he can breath better. Also, looks like sometimes he dreams too.

Oh by the way, see the little hat I knitted in action - a bit too big at the moment because I always worried that he would have an extremely large head like his daddy. Not a bad thing, so he can wear this for longer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment