16 February 2011

Mirage

Lives are never equal. No, I am not saying this because I have been traumatised or what. I am just stating the fact purely and calmly. Comparing my life and the life of a Prime Minster of a country, who has so many responsibilities on his shoulders, so many people waiting for his decision, my life definitely worth less. It make sense. For someone who is more important to more people in this world, surely has a higher significance. Why would people ever think people could be equal? It’s better for me to be expended than the president. It’s just normal. Some lives are more expendable than others. You can try to deny this, and say every life is equal, but it’s never the truth of the world.

You pay to see somebody’s concert – and if this famous singer should die many people would mourn for ages. Not the same for a beggar dying in winter coldness. Their lives are not equal: you praise for the contribution of the former, and doubt that there is any contribution of the latter.

There’s no equality, between rich and poor, men and women. Don’t get me wrong, I have no anger to this society, I believe this is how life should be. Queen bee has a different status for sure. Worker bees can die, but Queen bee can’t until there is a new one. So clear you mind up if you are looking for equality – don’t chase a mirage.

No comments:

Post a Comment