23 September 2008

Facebook reminds me something...

image

There are two things I want to note on this screen shot.

1. Look at the red curved-corner rectangle. There the message is "X and Y happy anniversary and Congratulations for being a father soon!". I really admire the writer (and his wife) for being so loving and caring. For birthday, we remember closer friends' birthday, and facebook reminds you the not so close friends' one. Yes we often know when friends are pregnant, but remembering friends' wedding anniversary? Man, that's very impressive. I am always appreciated with the birthday, mother's day and father's day cards and presents this family send us, and I just want to say that there are more than that in this family.

Loving and caring, I wish I can do that naturally without making people feel that it is awkward. I remember last year I asked this guy whether his birthday was coming up soon and when was it going to be. Instead of telling me the answer, he told me to ask this couple because they always remember everyone's birthday. At last I didn't ask them and some how I found out this guy's birthday. I don't think he's particularly excited about birthday, but anyway, I kept his birthday in mind because I felt ashamed when he said this couple "have heart" (I don't know how to express this in English). I took it as I don't really care about people enough. Therefore, this year I bought a birthday present for him on his birthday. Apparently trying to be nice without being strange is not easy for me, at least my little-prince thought it's strange.


2. Look at the orange curved-corner rectangle. There is a guy that have 66 mutual friends with me but not in my friend list. Well, there is a reason for sure, although until now I have no idea what it is. Nevertheless, I don't want him to be in my facebook friend list anymore. Not that I don't like him, just don't want to. To be more precise, actually I want him to be out of my list, for some mysterious psycological reason. Maybe not that mysterious, I had experience similar reaction before when a girl friend of mine misunderstood something and pushed me away. I was quite upset at first and cried and cried and cried. Later I gave up, eventually turned into "I don't care about you and I don't want to be your friend". To be more precise, I wanted her not to be my friend.

Hmm, guess that's a complete opposite to loving and caring, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment