20 August 2009

When Jane’s 64

Today is Jane’s 64th birthday. She has been living in NZ as long as she had been living in US now. This morning she sent out an email, indicating there were doughnuts and Congo bars in ASD kitchen – for our morning tea. The donuts were so small, that you nearly feel no guilt when eating them, until Simon said that’s about 70kCal for each. I was not supposed to eat any, not because of calories, but because I am having some allergic reaction and I am uncertain what I am allergic to, but they are tempting, you know. So a mini donut and a piece of Congo bar that is.

Together with her email, she sent this old school Beatles song out:

Will you still need me, will you still feed me,
When I'm sixty-four?

So Simon took my little blue guitar (which reside at work now) and went to Jane’s seat. Simon played the song and Jane sang. It was good. Fiona took some pictures with her handy digital camera. At last we sang her a Happy Birthday song, she was the one called out “Hip Hip” for “Hooray" though, haha.

IMG_1303_JPGIMG_1302_JPG

IMG_1301_JPG

64. What an age… she’s probably the oldest in the company. Joe’s only 61.

No comments:

Post a Comment