01 August 2009

About the "Dark Side"...

It's interesting how someone was defending Broken Embraces tonight. Hey hey I am not saying it's not good. I said it's good entertainment.

About the dark side... well that I don't feel too much about that, must be me psychopathic as well. Actually, similar thing for Dark Knight. People saying how "dark" the movie was, I felt absolutely nothing about that. Everything Joker did make sense to me, or say "logical". That level of obsession is just normal don't you think? Looks pretty normal to me. Reading lips? Surely it make sense.

I am not saying normal is no good though... actually I started to think maybe I should appreciate it more because it does play out the normal behaviours normal enough.

Must be a basic perceptual difference between real normal people and sociopathic normal me. I just take their behaviours for granted that I cannot even remember what so special they have done.

1 comment:

  1. 这个导演的电影都非常风格化。我觉得他是一个色彩偏执狂。特别是红色,几乎每一个他的影片里红色都占着很大的比重。

    从故事的情节来说他只是把一些很俗气的情节加上自己的电影手法都拼凑在一起。基本上我觉得这样的电影没有什么logic可言啦。整个故事也不算是非常逻辑性。更象是一块可以任其发挥的画布。

    推荐他前几年的一个作品. 《Talk to her》。

    ReplyDelete