20 December 2011

The furthest distance in the world

A friend of mine posted a picture on facebook:

 

Then another friend of mine replied (which has been removed already)  with a few lines started with “世上最遙遠的距離…”. By now you should already know, this has nothing to do with Tagore at all. It’s probably originated from 《荷包裡的單人床》, written by 張小嫻:

世上最遙遠的距離,
不是生與死的距離,
不是天各一方,
而是我就站在你面前,
你卻不知道我愛你。

Anyway, I am not here to talk about these lines, I am not here to discuss 張小嫻 as well.

The furthest distance – I pondered on this. Is this really the furthest distance? Comparing to “being far far apart”, and comparing to “the quick and the dead”? I don’t know. If you are alive, and we are not far far apart, at least I can see you, I can talk to you, I can understand you, I can see your smile, I can love you. Does it really matter too much that you don’t know I love you?

I then thought a bit more. Maybe the furthest distance in the world, at all time, is “I have the confidence in myself going to heaven but you are still in doubt”. So as Christmas is at the corner, maybe we should tell our friends and family about Christ. You know, to keep our distance short, always. :)

Merry Christmas, everyone.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

-- John 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment