29 October 2008

Post your secrets

Let's talk about the idea about PostSecret.

Some people find it hard to understand why would someone like to post secrets to random people, or even expose to the public. A guy made a comment that it's like writing blog, and he thought eventually writing blog is for people to read. I disagree, partially. I never want everyone come to read my blog, coz most of them would not understand.

Anyway, a secret is not a secret if the content is not being linked to a particular person you know, i.e. not in context. Look at some examples on PostSecret:

"When I'm with you, I wear my sexiest thongs......(Just in Case)"
"My fiancé is secretly gay. And it secretly turns me on"
"Once I kissed a boy and I thought I was pregnant"

You may think they are interesting, or funny, or sad, but they are not so much a secret to you until (IF) you find out that they are related to people around. Imagine if you had found out that I had posted the first one, then you may wonder who is the "you" that making me wearing sexiest thongs, which is a more real secret now. Imagine if you had found out that I had posted the second one instead, then you may also had found out some secret about my little-prince. The third one is not going to be an interesting secret no matter who post it, because it is not current and not important, i.e. a boring statement that is so random that not sure why someone would have treated it as a secret.

I would like to know secrets of some people, it just give a sense of closer relationship. Not that I want to dig out things that they don't want to share. I think people who share secrets, display a close and intimate relationship - kind of sexy and romantic. Note that it has nothing to do with a boy-girl love relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment