26 October 2006

IE 7.0 and FireFox 2.0

They are both sitting on my work machine now. The first impression on IE 7.0 is, "ah, now I have two FireFox browsers".

"Are there any good new features", or "is there any bugs" are usually not my concern. As an end-user I only have my mind on the stuff that I need to use and want to use. If I encounter a bug, then sorry, there is a bug, I won't try to find out why it behaves that way or what causes the bug. I believe this is exactly what people do with our products too. End-users do not talk with the word "usability" but "good" or "bad". "Usability" is just a word that we use, which basically means how can we make different kind of end-users happy, from gurus to ignorance ones. So as an end-user I don't care about the usability of IE7 nor FF2, they are either -- "good", or "bad". However, that makes not much difference to me. I have FF there usually just for testing. Everything we develop has to work on both IE and FF (and safari), on Windows and Mac. Other than that IE is sufficient enough for me to do everything. If I have to test both IE and FF and decide to use the better one, should I get Opera as well? I am not that fuzzy in web browsing honestly, it's just something very minor.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, so M$ took like 2 years to produce something FF already offered - sounds dumb to me.

    Anyway, I can't get pass the WGA check. I wonder how many people are actually able to use IE7 at all - at least L and I won't be able to use it until there's a quick way to bypass that stupid check. (there are ways, but i don't like the idea, that's all). And with all that phone-home garbage that M$ is adding to its products, I doubt I will be using IE7 until I switch to Vista. (even when I switch I will still stick with FF)

    I just love how FF2.0 works with session restore now. (this could be a bad thing for security reasons though).

    PS: From what I've read about it, they already found 2 holes in IE7.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry, I crashed FF2.0 certain times too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crash is nothing; Security hole is the issue. Though FF has them too, IE just tends to be more vulnerable according to the medias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Told ya, I am not fuzzy about browsers, I am not a developer in mind.

    ReplyDelete