11 July 2010

Do I want to get well?

I am thinking. The past one year. Everything happened and happening. Now I have grown up, and have changed. Changes that I can see and tell and be certain that have happened.

Still a long way to go.

Today's sermon topic is "Do you want to get well?". Most of the people may answer "yes". But it's true that a lot of us do hide behind our vulnerability, sickness, weakness, and use that as an excuse to escape from our responsibilities. Sometimes saying "I am like that", "I want to be well too however blah blah...", "it's not that I don't want to be well"... et cetra perhaps easier than changing, than being well, than overcoming the weakness. Our weaknesses become the shields for ourselves from facing the reality.

In the past when I said I want to be a good girl too, I want to be optimistic and happy, I want to be someone like sunshine, I want to be passion about my life... do I really want to? Or was I just using the "but" part after these statements to be my excuse? Do I really want to get well?

Now I can say, I am really there to change, to get well, to become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment