12 December 2010

Luke 10:38-42

Luke 10:40
But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.

Martha autem satagebat circa frequens ministerium quae stetit et ait Domine non est tibi curae quod soror mea reliquit me solam ministrare dic ergo illi ut me adiuvet
An interesting sermon from ET, although the things I found interesting are not necessarily the message he tried to convey. A bit related to myself, as some sort of reminder for what Candy taught me.

I often questioned people's cares, as what Martha did, had in mind "if you/him/her/they care about/love/consider for/miss me then you/him/her/they should have done this/that/these/those." However, what caused me to have such thought? Have I not already decided what people should do to show their care? Have I not already decided what people should do to show their love? And when people didn't do what I have expected, don't I just assume they do not love and care about me?

Then I pity myself, angry at others, find fault with others. I care too much what others think and do, and not appreciate their ways of doing things enough.

My self-centre thoughts.

Good reminder for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment