30 April 2008

Dexter 1-1

Dexter started on TV3 this week. It has taken over Monday 9:30-10:30 slot. As I said, this is one of the most AO TV series. With this expectation, I still found a little bit scarier than I thought. The scariest parts lie in the unseen. Things that are happening off screen are the most thrilling part. I like it.

If I have a sociopath son like Dexter and I know he has the need of killing, what would I do? Would I do what Dexter's foster father did, teach him the rules, teach him how to cover the track, teach him to kill following the rule: kill only killers? I think I would not, I don't think anyone deserves death sentence execution by any mean. So what would I do? Take him to some Freudian fellows? I don't think they can do anything good.

Dexter is kind of the worst case scenario: not just need to kill, but kill in a psychopathic rite. He kills like a butcher, chooses the right knife to chop specific parts. Acquiring a drop of each victim's blood begins the ritual and putting it behind the fake air conditioner completes it.  By the way, the chopping part is what you cannot see on screen.

Interestingly at the end of episode one, Dexter has been "threatened" by the The Ice Truck Killer. He was happy and excited. This reminds me my guesswork on Paul Avery's mental status when he got Zodiac's forewarn letter. Paul was not sociopathic, but he was so into Zodiac, so I guess he's 20% excited and 80% scared. Dexter is 100% looking forward to the game, the killer competition.

Cool.

1 comment:

  1. Great show. I enjoyed watching this!

    ReplyDelete