10 April 2008

A Knight's Tale

It is a little bit too fortuitous. I was thinking about "changing one's star", which is what William Thatcher's father told him all the time in A Knight's Tale, while I am flipping my new Marie Claire magazine. Then the next page, Heath Ledger it is.

Heath is one and a half month older than my little-prince. He died early this year, after he has completed his role in The Dark Knight - this time as the Joker, not the knight (batman) - a bit of waste of his pretty face.

I love A Knight's Tale. Well, have to admit that I love all sorts of knight stories (actually my brother and I are very into Merlin, King Arthur, and the Knights of the Round table). I bought this DVD couple of weeks ago. A Knight's Tale is a predictable story: poor guy with some friends, want to become a knight but he is not of noble birth; met a pretty noble girl and fall in love; got a chance to know the Prince and built a friendship; a bad guy hates him, want to pull him down from his success; the bad guy discover his secret but the Prince saved him; finally beat the bad guy. Very predictable, nothing extraordinary, but I am very happy and very into it when I am watching. I was clapping when everyone's clapping, tearing when the Thatcher family reunion, and cheering when the bad guy lost. It's probably a good reason why I should watch DVD at home by myself. At the end I watched through all the special features and felt so satisfy and joyful.

RIP, Heath, it was a good movie, and you are a good knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment