07 May 2008

Battle of The Sexes

I went to a client last Friday therefore I missed out the lunch bunch. I asked Fi on Monday what is she going to write for our ASD Quarterly article, and she told me that during lunch bunch they talked about differences between guys and girls, so she decided to write something about it. I guess it's going to be interesting, can't wait to see.

Recall Martian John Gray's book, Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus. I have to admit that I did not read the book although my dad has the book and it is sitting on our bookshelf for years. My reasons for not reading this book are 1) It is an English book. 2) It is a psychology type of book. 3) same reason as the Filipino attorney in Cryptonomicon:

"You know what this is? It's one of those men-are-from-Mars, women-are-from-Venus things."

"I have not heard of this phrase but I understand immediately what you are saying."

"It's one of those American books where once you're heard the title you don't even need to read it."

"Then I won't."

Anyway. Eventually everyone in the world is different, and all pretty scary if you don't know them - guys especially.

No comments:

Post a Comment