14 May 2008

Girls' Trip Day 2 11052008

Day 2 started off with rain in the midnight, and sunny sky with fewer and fewer clouds from the morning. The weather was great. Actually it was still cloudy at around 7:00am. I looked out and saw the cloudy sky, then prayed for a good weather because the girls would love to see the sun. You know, leading tourists on a rainy day is quite discouraging. Then, God cleared the cloud for me. See the sky at 7:51am and 8:43am:

DSC_6430_aDSC_6497_a

Ning went for kayaking  at around 7:45am. She is a pro in kayaking (well she taught kayaking). Ada and I made our own breakfast and watched her kayaking on the lake from the balcony. We had pancakes with banana and a cup of coffee. Lovely morning indeed. Ning came back from kayaking at around 8:30am. She also had pancakes for breakfast before we left the holiday house (By the way, this is the place we stayed).

Our first destination was Government Gardens. I kept thinking the Rotorua museum building we saw was not what I visited previously. I thought it's too small and the garden was much smaller than what in my mind. Anyway, turned out it was the one. My memory is not very good I guess. Then we drove pass flee market and stopped for shopping. Ning and Ada had bought quite a few things. All I got was a $2 necklace. I have to introduce Ning's panda dressed Monchichi here, which was the main model for most photos.

DSC_6503_aDSC_6553_aDSC_6582_aDSC_6599_a

After shopping we drove to Tai-O-Wapu Thermal park. The guide suggested normally people would finish the walk in about 75 mins. We had spent more than 120 mins to complete it. I had been carrying the heavy tripod all the way. Poor me. We saw some interesting orange and red mushrooms on our way. The red one looked so similar to Mario's mushroom. They were very cute, but probably poison.

DSC_6995_a DSC_7001_aDSC_7045_a DSC_7086_a

Well, our day wasn't finished after this. Next we went to Rainbow Springs Nature Park. Ning love big fish, that's the biggest reason why we went there. Besides fish (personally not very interested to) we saw some cute animals including two fat pigs. Hmm, I missed my little prince and hoped he slept well at night.

DSC_7108_aDSC_7189_a

We were all so tired. Still, we went to Pak N' Save again to buy some more food and went back to the holiday house to cook. We thought of spa after dinner again, but Ada was too lazy to move her ass out of the sofa. Ning tried to capture good starry sky photo but she failed. I drove out for about 10 mins to call my little prince and my mum to say "Happy Mother's Day" (yes, no vodafone mobile coverage). I fell asleep at around 10:00pm after praying for sun again on the next day.

DSC_7250

No comments:

Post a Comment