15 May 2008

Travel Journals

I have been reading travel journals these days. André is in Sri Lanka now and he keeps updating his blog about what he's experiencing over there. It's very interesting to see foreigner in Sri Lanka, experiencing a completely different culture. Still have six blog entries to read, including the very important one about Sasanka's wedding (and calculation of Buddhist horoscope?) . Yesterday I was finishing my essay, so I left the good stuff for tonight. JD went to Bangkok several weeks ago. He posted a very interesting photo. I like it. Now I am waiting for Ning to post about her trip here in NZ, although I travelled together with her most of the time, it's still something to look for.When I read this sort of stuff I always leave a comment on every single journal entry. Well, apparently not everyone likes it, but who cares.

I don't travel, so I don't write travelling journals. If I'm going to travel and write journal, I think I will bring a pen and a diary like journal book instead of a laptop. To me, travel journal has to be written, can't be typed up initially. Computer is too farfetched from romanticism, lacking aesthetic value. Having said that, I typed up my Rotorua trip record. However I don't count it as a travel journal. It's just a record of leading tourists to some tourist attractions! :D

P.S. If you have discovered that I am typing English blogs a little bit too often recently, well, bear with me, my brain is stuck. I promise I will return to Chinese mode soon, very soon, maybe next blog post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment