06 May 2008

Blah Blah Blah

Today was Hugh's first day in Olympic, but it was an extremely busy day for me so I didn't have much time hang out with him. Still, we went out to get kebabs for lunch at around 2 o'clock. Yeah, a late lunch as usual. I didn't have a chance sitting at my own desk for more than 10 minutes.

We called to Sasanka (who's in Sri Lanka for his wedding this Wednesday) together at 4:00pm NZ time. It's 9:30am in Sri Lanka. Nearly everyone of us said something to Sasanka on phone (except Helen, who's too shy!). It's Andre's idea and everyone likes it. Andre himself is in Sri Lanka now. Being the tallest man and the whitest guy among Sasanka's friends and families, it must be a strange but funny experience. We are waiting for the photos and an article about Sasanka's wedding for our ASD quarterly magazine.

Recently I am into Ikariam - thanks to Joseph, Tahseen and Harshal. Andre has an account too. Apparently Phoebe and Robert also have towns in Kappa. Today I introduce this to Fiora as well. Now Kappa is probably full of Olympic and Datacom people. I am now moving towards Joseph to get some cover (and resources!) from him. He's one of the top guy in the Kappa server, I better get some protection from big towns and make alliance with him, ha ha ha... in exchange, maybe I should protect his coke wall on his work desk. :D

Tomorrow Ning arrives Auckland at around 11:55am. I will be picking her up from the airport and she will be off to Paihia for three days from Wednesday. On the other hand, Nick's mum is leaving Auckland tomorrow afternoon. I hope she had a good time here in Auckland staying with us. Well, have to admit that living with me for days is usually not an extremely pleasant experience. I am untidy, impatient and always need quite a lot of private thinking time. Anyway. By the way I still need to plan for our (Ning, Ada and I) trip to Rotorua. The only thing I have now is a place to stay for two nights, guess it's better than nothing, ha ha. Hope the weather is going to be fine.

I still have an essay to finish off. A 3000 words one and I have only written 401 non-structured words yesterday. Before Ning comes back from Paihia and Ada's arrival, I have to finish at least 2000 words in structured paragraph, which means I have three nights from tomorrow. Skepticism is what should be filling my mind now, although it's not yet doing so. Recall my first skeptical thought started around 11 years olds, sparked by whole bunch of Sci-Fi novels. From then, I am always a little bit more skeptical than normal people should. I mean philosophically skepticism, not common sense skepticism.

Anyway, time to sleep. It's 12:07am already.

No comments:

Post a Comment