14 May 2008

Girls' Trip Day 3 12052008

Another nice weather day, which is really good because I had to drive back to Auckland from Rotorua. We had our pancake breakfast again before we left the holiday house. Rosemary and John, the owners of the house, came back the night before. We packed up our stuff, took everything down to my car, checked to make sure we didn't leave anything there, and ready to go. I went down to the lower level to pay Rosemary. She's a very friendly lady and John's a big guy with a nice smile. Their kids' graduation photos were on the wall. I paid Rosemary $230 for three people staying for two nights, which is a reasonably cheap price for such a  nice holiday house.

Then we drove to the Rotorua city centre. Ning and Ada didn't realise that they had not seen the city centre yet. I always drove on the same road, which was not exactly the city centre. The only place we visited was Pak N' Save, which was not inside the city centre as well. This time we parked the car and walked around a little bit.

DSC_7304_aDSC_7305_a

Remember I said we had checked to make sure we didn't leave anything behind? Yes, we didn't, but I took something with me: the KEY! Rosemary didn't ask me for the key, and I forgot to return it. So it was in the back pocket of my jeans. We planned to drive back to return the key. Before that I made a call to Rosemary, and she told me not to return but post to her by mail instead. I don't like the idea of posting a key by mail, but she said it's ok, so I followed her instruction, posted the key out.

After that we started our way back towards north. The first stop on our way back was Cambridge. Cambridge is a beautiful town (town of trees). The most interesting thing we found was the 20 cents superloo. I gave everyone a 20 cents coin and all of us were so excited to see what so special about this public toilet - turn out it's a clean toilet, as expected, but not something extraordinary in New Zealand.

DSC_7316_aDSC_7342_a DSC_7368_aDSC_7385_a DSC_7399_aDSC_7400_a

We hopped back into my car and continued our way. Next stop was Hamilton, where we had sushi for late lunch. We spent the rest of our time in Hamilton Gardens before I drove back to Auckland. Ning and Ada had the same conclusion about New Zealand's gardens: simply showing off beautiful grassland.

DSC_74134_aDSC_7526_a DSC_7545_aDSC_7584_a

Thanks God for no rain at all for the whole day. I drove home safely even though the girls stopped talking to me and fell asleep on way back from Hamilton. That night we had pizza at mum's home together because Ning wanted to try triple cheese pizzas from Domino. After dinner we returned home. Ada and I was watching Bones and Dexter, while Ning's examining and organizing her photos. I went to sleep straight after Dexter. Man, I was so tired.

Such a happy girls trip. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment