13 May 2008

Girls' Trip Day 1 10052008

Yesterday we came back from Rotorua. That's a must-go place for tourists, and I was with two. I didn't write down what we have done over these three days. It's because I was too tire every night, and Ning took around 2000 pictures anyway, including what we ate, what we saw and what we did.

The weather on the first day wasn't really nice, but it didn't rain. I drove all the way down from my home to Hamilton. On the way I saw signs showing me way out to Drury. At that moment I thought it is really quite far from Manukau city, but after three days of driving, yesterday on my way back I felt I was near home finally.  We had a nice breakfast in Hamilton. Since the breakfasts are too large (as usual) for three girls, we had ordered two (an Egg Benedict and a Big Breakfast) and three cup of beverages (Latte for me, skimmed milk Cappuccino for Ada, and Moccaccino for Ning). They were nice, but I think the bread I had in The Coffee Cup for my Egg Benedict was better than this.

DSC_5967_aDSC_5968_a

We continued our trip after the breakfast. It was not boring (like usually when Dad's driving) because three girls have more than enough to talk about, especially three girls who know each other for one-fifth of a century but haven't met for several years. We have been talking about all sorts of things in this trip: old school mates, guys, love life, interests, places around the world, fruits, living cost, milk, parents, siblings, job, study, McDonald, sunglasses, driving, sceneries, friends, marriage, animals, babies, art, ed cetera. Basically everything you can think of, or maybe a bit more than that.

Our holiday house has an amazing scenery. Although first day weather was a bit crap, we were still very excited when we look out the windows. Let me cheat a little bit here, post a scenery photo of the second day, which had a nice weather.

DSC_6447_a DSC_6036_a

I had chosen to sleep on the bed in the living room, facing the lake and all these beautiful trees. Ning and Ada each occupied one room. They slept on a Queen size bed, which I wasn't keen at all. I love sleeping on small bed, and I love sleeping on one side of the bed anyway.

The house owners have a lot of books, including a set of Britannica and World of Science. They also have some wooden toys for kids. Ada wondered whether kids would like this kind of toys, well, I found them very attractive.

DSC_6498_a DSC_6017_a

We went to Agrodome for farm show. Yes, tourist attraction. This is probably my third visits to Agrodome. Although the weather wasn't nice, I hope those two girls like it. We had joined the farm tour as well. It was quite windy and cold when we were at the top of the hill. I should had taken a jacket with me.

DSC_6126_aDSC_6226_a DSC_6249_aDSC_6366_a

After the tour we went to Pak N' Save for food. Yes! We had cooked our dinner for both nights! And Yes! I was the one cooking most of the time! I was the only one not drink any wine, so I got my aloe juice, which looked pretty much like white wine with some unknown stuff in it. We got steak, chicken kebab, pasta and some vegetable. We weren't able to finish the food and left some pasta for the next night.

DSC_6416_a DSC_6419_a DSC_6424_a DSC_6426_a

We went for spa after dinner (I know, I know, not very healthy!). It was a relaxing night and I slept very well after spa. We wanted to take some photos during spa time (yeah, bikini girls photos!) but it was too dark and waterproof camera didn't have flash light. So unfortunately (or fortunately!), no bikini photos for anyone. Let's just keep that in our memory.

Good day. Good night.

2 comments:

  1. OMG You are cooking!.....That's like one of the scariest thing that could happen =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey hey Hugh, you haven't tastesd that before, how dare you say that!!

    ReplyDelete