30 November 2005

My New Toys: VS & SQL Server 2005

Guess not many people would be interested, however...


I went to the Connect TS yesterday, and walked away with VS 2005 Std ed and SQL Server 2005 Std ed (a coupon for BizTalk 2006 too, but I will never install Biztalk at home...).

VS 2005 has some cool features, but most of the stuff I saw in the conference is not very amazing. Team Suite is quite nice, but we have Fogbugz already; policies and shelving changes instead of checking in to the main build are some wonderful features though. Hmmm, but anyway, maybe we do not need Resharper anymore.

Comparatively SQL Server 2005 is more attractive. query notification, encryption and decryption, try-catch (error handling), row number (errr... actually informix and oracle have this for a long time...), xml improvements, recursive queries... I love the recursive queries part, save so much time...

So happy to have new toys at home... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment