10 March 2008

The Outing

IMG_2017Last Saturday was English Service outing. We went to One Tree Hill not-so-early in the morning and started with prayer and some singing. Then Irene had a few entertaining games for the teenager group. I wasn't participating in any of the games. It's interesting enough to observe. First thing I found was people were a bit reluctant to form group with people they do not know or do not know well, especially the girls. Most of them like to stick together with close friends, which is an understandable behaviour. Younger boys did show the same concerns. Unfortunately I could not recall whether I had the same issue when I IMG_2013was a bit younger. Anyway. Some people seemed to get along with others faster, so pretty much in the middle of the "act as an appliance" game they get along quite well. Others needed a bit more time. Soon after they realised that they would be in the same group for orienteering they started to show a not-so-happy face. However you can tell at the end of orienteering, group members are mostly closer to each other. Apparently it was a successful exercise to get people together.

Overall it's a real fun day. The weather was nice and activities were fascinating (I think). Actually the weather was too nice that I got a headache from being under the sun for too long. I IMG_2082guess I am not fit now compare to the time I was in University. Maybe going out more and have some exercise would be good for me.

Thanks God for the good weather and the fellowship. It is a nice thing to have people in Christ growing up together and I am glad these teenagers can find their companies. Hope they would continue their path in Christ, comfort and encourage each other along the way.

IMG_2086












P.S. Oh, by the way, this is the winning team of the orienteering, which, of course, NOT EXCITING (and no one claps)!

No comments:

Post a Comment