30 July 2009

Pedro Almodóvar’s Broken Embraces (2009)

Broken-Embraces-001 broken embraces

This is one of the kind that if you ask me what is the film about, I cannot tell you what it is about. Basically it’s a story, and nothing much more than a story. You go in, watch it, “ha ha ha”, come out, say it’s good… and that’s it. No touching scene, nothing romantic, nothing dramatic, nothing unexpected, nothing too freaky, nothing very memorable, no brilliant quote… the only thing I would say well made was the colour – though not to a level I would be amazed. It’s funny I am just saying it has nothing in particular, yet a movie that you come out and say it’s kind of a good movie. That’s because from the entertainment point of view, it’s better than Coco avant Chanel and Kisses. So after watching it, I felt that I had a good movie night – though everything was just on the surface, nearly nothing residue in my memory… hmmm, not exactly, except the breasts of the girl in tight jeans and high-heel. :D

Not saying I don’t like the movie though. I still think it’s a good movie – a good entertainment.

P.S. love this dress:

broken-embraces-los-abrazos-rotos-2

No comments:

Post a Comment