24 July 2009

Intertextuality

We (Ivy and I) have our first FTVMS 101 Film Studies lecture. At the beginning of the lecture, the lecturer said two things that I surely cannot do:

  1. Put 7 hours/week on this paper (well, I never spend 7 hours a week for study even I was doing 5 papers…)
  2. Work less than 12 hours a week (come on, I work full time)

Anyway. That’s not important.

So in the morning I drove to work, parked down my car at work, and went to the University by bus. I went to school early so I can fill in a paper cross credit form at Arts Student Centre. At around 9:36am, Ivy messaged me saying she’s outside the lecture room and bored. So I went to see her. It’s a class of hundreds of people, scary… I haven’t been in a class of this size for so long, you know, Philosophy classes are mostly 10 – 20 people. Actually I do not like big class, but guess it’s not for me to choose.

It’s an interesting lecture, and as usual I was writing all the time.

One surprise came up in this lecture.

Several years ago… hmmm, 6 or 7 years ago I guess? I saw an MV in the University Gym while I was… running? maybe not, who cares. It captured my eyes, I loved it. Sometime later I saw it again in the gym, but I still couldn’t remember who sang the song and what song it is. I just loved the idea of the MV.

Today, I saw it again, but reading it differently after the lecturer showed us this:

At this stage you may already know, the MV I saw was Smashing Pumpkins’ Tonight, Tonight.

 
It’s cool aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment