30 July 2009

Alexis Dos Santos’ Unmade Beds (2009)

Sundance09-UnmadeBeds-1bg

Unmade Beds was the last movie I watched for this  year NZFF. It’s on the last day, while everyone else watching The Gold Rush. Charlie Chaplin with orchestra of course is an attraction, but I have weird taste.

I like the movie. It’s a movie that made me felt really happy when I walk out the theatre. It just enlightened my mood. Vera’s part is romantic, Axl’s part is interesting. And when they finally meet, it’s funny. I usually like movies that are about lives that I can never touch nor understand. It’s like seeing another side of this world, meeting another type of species on this earth we are living.

"Did I miss a chance to fall in love?"

The director appeared after the movie, he dressed and talked funny without telling any joke.

Not going to say more because someone said “those kind of things only happen in movies”, haha. Fine, I can live with false reality. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment