27 July 2009

Anne Fontaine’s Coco avant Chanel (2009)

coco_before_chanel01 cocoavantchanel1 coco_before-chanela

This was my third 09 NZFF movie. I am not obsessed with movies, so I have watched  6 only this year, and one of the six I just replace someone who couldn’t go to the movie. I went to Coco avant Chanel on July 19th 2009, i.e. last Sunday.

I like Andrey Tautou, think she’s pretty. Though that wasn’t the reason I went to watch this. It’s one of “the Ivy’s Suggestions”. I did find it better than I expected though (probably I was expecting low enough). The story wasn’t particular dramatic (surely Chanel’s life was not as dramatic as Sagan), but it does bring up some very interesting cultural and social aspects, about class, status, women in society, love, marriage, etc. As a weird one who found these ideas more fascinating,I probably have approached the film in a different way as to those who were disappointed by the film. However, even for the people who didn’t like the film much would have agreed with Ken, that those dresses at the end are very pretty. Actually, all the clothing were nice through out the film – that’s always a plus for audiences like me.

Something related to Chanel that has nothing to do with the film – ZEVS’s liquidated Chanel logo at Armani on July 13th:

hk-liquidated-chanel 

Have to say, I think it’s a cool piece of art, and it’s cooler because it’s on Armani’s wall, haha.

3 comments:

  1. But you know his art will cost him $6000000 HK ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....That's more movies than I watch in a year and you said you are not obsessed with movies? =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... Helen, it's film festival ma... XD

    ReplyDelete