11 November 2010

Ars longa, vita brevis

Art is long, life is short.
Tuesday morning, before I went to work, I had my iPhone in hand while I was lying in bed, browsing through the ART application. I was looking at Gustav Klimt’s paintings, some most expensive ones in the world.
TheKiss_GustavKilmt
Der Kuss, Gustav Klimt, 1907-1908, Oil and gold leaf on canvas, 180cm x 180cm

I just love them. I guess, colour is always my thing, that’s why I like Friedensreich Hundertwasser so much, his paintings, his architecture designs. By the way, Hundertwasser does have a piece of art in New Zealand – a public toilet in Kawakawa. It’s about 3 hours drive from Auckland. I wouldn’t mind driving in one weekend to go and have a look (and maybe some sightseeing around).

arch_0119

Also, have a look through this set on Flickr posted by styler*.

Alright, I need to do some more paintings now, inspired and excited. Kat suggested to start art jamming, so we are now planning and see anyone would love to join us for that.

It’s going to be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment