12 September 2007

Philosophical power

Since last two weeks were University holiday, I haven't been doing much philosophy classes and study. I have done my assignment, but that only took me several hours. At the same time geeky user group thingy took place, so my mine is full of technical stuff. Now I need some philosophical power to balance it out. However I have missed out the discussion tutorial today purely because I am too lazy.

Anyway, lecture is coming up again this Friday, it's about Xunzi (I think!). I haven't study much of his text yet but I think I would like this guy because he thinks human nature has the tendency towards evil. Which is what Thomas Hobbes says, and as you may all know I am a fans of Thomas Hobbe's view of human nature and common wealth. Let's see how much they are alike. One unfortunate thing is I think Jeremy (my lecturer) quite like Mengzi, who basically claim human nature is good. Well, that can't change my view.

So look forward to first lecture after a so-called term break (which I have to work anyway)!

No comments:

Post a Comment