08 June 2007

P of S exam

Today I've my philosophy of science exam. Since I have to pass the exam, all three questions I have answered are "safe questions", i.e. they are questions about "what is" rather than "why is" or "what do you think". Safe questions usually guarantee that you'd have certain marks given you can spell out what's in the course book. Unsafe questions are more interesting, but can't guarantee you'd pass. Especially people like me who probably will answer in a skeptic way although the markers (R & A) have a completely different point of view and are looking for completely different answers. People say given you have strong reasoning you will always get good marks, yet I tell you, it doesn't work.

The two questions I really want to answer were about Individualism/Holism and theory laden/neutral observation.

No comments:

Post a Comment