19 June 2007

Tell the Good News

I am so happy today.

As the concept of universal salvation arose from yesterday conversation, W and I declared that we do not believe in it, so do H and MW. A is a non-Christian, and he asked what is universal salvation. Upon my explanation about the idea, I finally had a chance to tell A the Gospel clearly and directly.

W, MW and I always talk about our beliefs in front of A, and A has an interest to all sorts of metaphysical discussion. MW lent A "The Purpose-Driven Life" and A has finished the whole book. Although A said he read it in a scientific way, I believe that there is some part deep in him is motivating him to do so. W concurred and said he thinks A is seeking the truth but doesn't know the truth is our God yet. I told A that we are not trying to persuade him to believe, but we always want him to know what exactly we believe in so he can understand and really think about it.

I study philosophy just because I want to. I am not interest in "philosophy" itself, but how people see things and what people think about something. Honestly I don't really care how strong or weak a theory is because it is still a perspective that some people hold or believe. That's why I am not interest in studying particular philosopher's ideas, but broad issues like different perspective towards human nature, science, law, culture, religion, etc. I am happy to see God values it too. Studying different aspects give me more and more chances to discuss with A and other non-Christians about my belief.

This is the first time I convey the Gospel in English. Actually I have not done it even in Chinese for a long long time. God helped me to make it just right, not too lengthy and not too short. I value this experience so much.

3 comments:

  1. 恭喜~:)
    不過你不嬲口才了得,一定冇問題啦

    點解要用英文?你個朋友A是西人?

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, 一。跟口才沒關係。二。我的口才只用來得罪人的吧。。。嘿嘿

    ReplyDelete