27 August 2008

Melancholy

A friend of mine is always depress and upset recently. Well, surprise, surprise. I thought depress and upset were my trademarked traits. Although we may have similar thoughts and question towards life, the ways we used to resolve depressing moments are quite different.

She is one of those warm loving type, who requires love and care and support and cry and discussion about the problems and sadness. I am one of those cold thinking type, who require time to hide in my nutshell to think through my own problems and sadness and look inner for resolutions. I don't like people ask about what is happening with me, and I don't like people trying to find a way to help me. Basically I reject all kinds of love or care or support or cry or interpersonal discussions. The best for me is not to treat me differently.

I guess the warm loving type is better and can survive natural selection and sexual selection. At least people around can show their care and love and support to that person. I also believe once a problem or moment of sadness has been discussed then its negative power is instantly reduced by half. Say things out is probably really better than hide things in heart. Well, unfortunately this is so not-me. Therefore I talk to myself and my imaginary friend to analyse my problems and sadness in order to come to an end. It usually works, though the process sometimes can take months.

People say if one can be happy, one would not want to be sad. I may not be able to agree to this completely. It's true that I enjoy melancholy. Actually, sincerely, I think melancholy is a necessary component in my life and I never want to get rid of it.

Be happy, and be sad. This is how one can reflect one's life, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment