18 August 2008

Read more, dream less

I have been so busy these days, that I found myself don't want to read at all. Everyday I go to my parents place for dinner straight from work, and as I go home and I just lie on the sofa watching Olympic. On Saturday and Sunday I did nothing meaningful, absolutely nothing. I feel like I was a piece of melting jelly, couldn't move my ass an inch to do some housework. Too lazy that, of course I didn't read a thing for ages.

All of a sudden I feel like I need to start reading again. I stopped at Canto 6 for Dante's Inferno and should definitely start again. Also, ET lent me some cute Chinese version of Narnia and I still haven't read them. So sad. I am disappointed by myself. Therefore I have to start some reading again tonight.

Lack of reading causes lack of thinking and mental energy. Things wouldn't make sense, life wouldn't be interesting. Fortunately I still have my Mediaeval Philosophy class every Thursday, which stirs some movement inside my brain. At least I am not completely drowned in the sea of work and work and work.

Shamefully, now I want to sleep. I can tell I had a bad quality sleep last night due to the fact that I had many small strange mesh-up dreams one after the other. One of the dreams was myself as a murderer who was trying to cut up my Jane Doe so I could hide bits and pieces somewhere. While I was doing my "job" (and finally got her right arm apart) in the bathroom, Nick rang my door bell. He came into the house when I opened the door. I was a bit nervous. When Nick opened part of the bathroom door, he saw the Jane Doe, but he thought someone was taking a bath. After that I quickly kicked him out of my house. Then I struggled to think of a way to hide bits and pieces of my Jane Doe before I cut her up, so I gave up in this dream, and thought of changing the cause of me making this girl into a Jane Doe. My dream then went back in time, before this girl died. At first I made his boyfriend the killer instead, but I was not satisfied with how the story developed. At last I settled in a dream that the girl argued with her boyfriend, and he tried to kill her, but then she ran away, and well, I don't know how did it end. I have to admit that I do remember who my Jane Doe was. She's someone I know in real life. She is a cute girl, much younger than me. I don't dislike her in any sort, of course. Dream is just a dream. Although she's not going to see my blog, but let me not say who she is.

Oh, I have side tracked from talking about reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment