27 August 2008

Not against

By the way, I am not against China, and I am happy that I am a Chinese. Not particularly proud, actually I won't be particularly proud no matter what ethnicity group I belongs to. I don't understand why some people would be proud because they belong to certain ethnicity group. We are just human being with different skin colours, hair colours, language, culture... nothing to be particularly proud or shame of.

I am just a bit annoyed when people cannot accept the facts, choose to ignore all these problems, all these world indexes and statistics (and claiming they are just statistics), and try to put China in an unreasonably high position at the same time pressing down other nations or cultures. Actually, I love Chinese culture (well I love all sorts of cultural stuff anyway), arts, paintings, musics, drama, calligraphy, technology... I think they are very very elegant. These do not make nowadays China more civilized than anyone else in the world though.

For the same reason, I dislike Shiner's idea, that only Western concept of arts from the 18th century is called "Arts", i.e. there was no Arts before 18th century Western world and everybody else in the world who acquire Arts after that get the idea from the Western. Just sounds crap to me. Sorry Larry Shiner, if I have misunderstood what you mean.

1 comment:

  1. "try to put China in an unreasonably high position at the same time pressing down other nations or cultures"

    可能是由于过度的自卑和insecure,加上极度想得到世界的认可,挤入先进国家的行列。

    心态方面我觉得应该跟日本学习一下,战败国在短期经济腾飞之后并没有变的过度浮躁。

    不过这个话题太复杂了。

    ReplyDelete