05 May 2011

Lesson learned

I have just learned a very important lesson. A friend of mine got pregnant for 9 weeks and she just had a miscarriage. She already had one child but she’s so excited for this second one. Unfortunately, it didn’t turn out right. If things did go right then before the end of the year we were supposed to have three babies in the company (that’s why we have enough for a nursery room!), now I guess we will only have two. She bled on a Friday night and had to wait until Monday to get a scan, but at the end she has been bleeding so much out and it’s obvious that baby was lost. It’s really sad.
This made me realised, that I did not appreciate what I have enough. It was too easy, and everything was so smooth. It neither took us ages nor required lots of effort and preparation. I never failed on this. Deep inside I was still questioning whether this is the correct choice and sometimes, maybe not regret, but uncertain about the choice we have already made. I was not valuing this enough. I didn’t realise how precious this is. That’s why I wasn’t as excited as people around me. I have undervalued the importance and gorgeousness, undermined God’s blessing.
Sometimes my emotions come really slow, and I am yet to catch up with the excitement in my brain. Apparently delay on apprehending how real this really is not only happen on daddies. I must be a really slow mum.
God bless the baby and us.

No comments:

Post a Comment