26 March 2011

Lower me down

Once I wanted to be the greatest
No wind or waterfall could stall me
And then came the rush of the flood
Stars of night turned deep to dust

Middle of the night. The song was in my head, repeat and repeat. And I thought about us. Why this song? Why us? It doesn't make any sense, but it was this song, and it was about us in my mind. Then later I saw my black horse, the one I always ride in my dreams. Why was he here? 

Lower me down
Pin me in
Secure the grounds
For the later parade

Some old memories came into my mind. Memories of us. Why the song? Why us? Haunting me in the middle of the night. And my black horse didn't stay. He ran away again, my dear free spirit friend.

For the lead
And the dregs of my bed
I've been sleepin'

I realized the meaning of the song itself has nothing to do with all these. It was the song itself. Maybe my black horse remembered the song and came back for a minute. 

I wasn't sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment