04 March 2011

Queenstown 2/3 - 4/3 Day One

It was rather windy with rain sometimes during the day, but I still have enjoyed a lot. Got off the plane around 9 together with Juliana's make-up artist. Then from the airport we went to the hotel by bus. Since it's still early in the morning, I could only leave my bag at the hotel without checking in.

IMG_5380 IMG_5382

Queenstown's bus system is well developed and easy to go around. However I have decided to walk to the town centre from the hotel this day. I was told from the website that it's a 35 minutes walk. At the end I reached the town centre in about 20 minutes. The downside was the rain and wind. My little umbrella was a bit too weak for that. Anyway I have arrived to the city happily and healthily.

I first went into this place called Post Office Cafe for a hot chocolate after going through the rain and the windy. It's an nice cafe with interesting number cubes. After that I went to St. Peter's Church, the library, and then enjoyed a Fergburger with cheddar cheese. Mum recommended me this burger place and said it's world famous. Before I went there I was thinking it's just a burger place how amazing could it be. Then when I was there seeing all those people waiting for a burger in such a small shop I was really surprised. After I had mine I finally understood that a burger can taste really good. BurgerFuel is absolutely nothing compare to Fergburger. So I have finished one big fine burger for lunch.


IMG_5391-1 IMG_5392-1

IMG_5412-1 IMG_5416-1

Rain still occasionally came to visit the town. Sometimes weak, sometimes strong. I walked to Queenstown Garden with my little umbrella, where I saw Eric Chu and Tammie taking pre-wedding photos. I haven't seen Eric Chu for... maybe 12 years. I knew they were taking photos in Queenstown though so I called out the him and had a quick chat. Later I walked to Patagonia Chocolate for an ice-cream. It was a bit too sweet for me so I didn't finish it. However sitting there warmly while it's a bit chilling outside was really nice. I was loving it.

IMG_5432-1IMG_5444

Afterwards I walked in the city a little bit more, than around 2 I have decided to go back to the hotel. I met Kelly the make-up artist again at the bus stop, who was holding a number of cup noodles in the bag in her hand. So I checked in and went to Peter and the guys' room for a chat, and told Eric Wong to get me out for dinner together at night. Then I rested in my room for several hours.

Waiting with an hungry stomach, I ate some snacks and sent messages to rush the guys a bit. At last we went out for dinner at 7:30 with Niki, Eric Chu and Tammie as well. Of course Peter the groom-to-be at that moment was not with us. We had dinner in a Japanese restaurant and I was well behaving - didn't eat anything raw.

While they were going to continue their late night activities (primarily endless eating), I have been back to hotel sleeping. That's day one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment