04 March 2011

Queenstown 2/3 - 4/3 Day Two

This was Peter and Juliana's big day! I was in the hotel in the morning, and went to the church together with the others by the big bus near noon. It's a small church and a lovely wedding. Seeing my big brother Peter finally getting married after nearly eleven years of marathon with Juliana is a happy and sweet thing. No I didn't cry, of course I didn't! Neither did Peter and Juliana, but apparently the bridesmaids were all crying! It was a very short ceremony comparing to the ones we had among our friends. Peter always prefer simplicity.

IMG_5550-1IMG_5575-1

IMG_5622-1IMG_5666-1

In the afternoon the bride and the groom and the bridal party had some photography time. Somehow I was there with them and took heaps of photos while the professional photographer was doing his job. All together in Day 2 I have taken about 400 photos!

IMG_5699-1IMG_5730-1

IMG_5731-1IMG_5779-1

Went back to Hotel and had a shower before the evening event. Eric Chu and Tammie nicely bought an Angus burger for me in case I would be hungry (and I was!). So I ate the burger right before we got onto the bus again, yum and satisfying.

Evening event was in Stoneridge, a very beautiful place indeed. There were five tables of guests plus the couple and the best man and maid of honor table. You can tell there's not a lot of us. Mostly families and relatives. The whole night was filled with food and drinks, honestly my stomach couldn't fit all of them. I didn't choose the ribeye but the blue cod instead no matter how much I rather wanted the ribeye just because it would not be 100% cooked - and if it was, it would have tasted terrible.

IMG_5816IMG_5817

IMG_5859IMG_5872

The mains were followed by speeches, from the groom, maid of honor and the best man. Oh by the way, Eric Wong was the best man and his speech was... very brave. Yes, yes, we all know Peter the pussy is the sentimental, emotional cry baby who keeps talking and talking and never stop.

IMG_5888IMG_5919

Again the late night kittens had after party afterwards in a pub and of course I was following the big bus and went back to sleep in the hotel. Night life is never my thing. That concluded the day and my main reason for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment