21 February 2008

Departure

Today's is a sad day, actually. This morning Sasanka got the email telling us Santokh Singh passed away yesterday because of heart attack, and when I was telling Leanne this news, Leanne told me that Peter Gibbons committed suicide and passed away on Sunday. Double shocking. These news shocked all of us in ASD who are from Software Engineering and Computer Science departments. Feel so sad.

Santokh is a nice guy. He looks much younger than his real age, although his real age is only forty something. See heart attack took people's lives, even he is not quite at that age yet, even he looked healthy and strong. This remind me couple of years ago, asthma took Sally Chow's life. Sally was our Software Engineering classmate. She is the only daughter of her mum. I saw her mum crying on the funeral, but fortunately she is a Christian too and I can see she has peace.

Peter is also a nice guy. Actually I would say he is a REALLY REALLY nice guy. You never see him angry, and he always have a smile on his face. Johnny reminds me today that he brought umbrella to lectures all the time. He taught me 211, which is a paper I was really interested to. I had a lot of conversation with him and Jamie Sneddon about the subject. I even chitchat with him occasionally after that semester when I bump into him in University. In my mind he is a happy nice guy who is so into his discipline. That's why I am quite shock for his departure - especially it was him chosen to leave.

People have bad memories, and only remember people when things happened. I heard about Peter and so I just sent an email to Jamie to say hi. I had been chitchatting with Jamie a lot as well and I even got him to help my other assignments after that semester (haha). Suddenly I want to know is he living happily with his planer graph theories.

I hope lives are all happily-ever-after type of fairy tales, unfortunately they are not, and never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment