05 July 2008

Personality test discussion

Last night we went through the personality tests again. After some discussions, we have settled on the case that I am a type 5, with an extreme strong tendency to type 5's right wing(type 4), and have some characteristics of type 5's stress and security points (type 7 and 8). Unfortunately I take nearly all type 4 negative characteristics but not many of the positive ones. I do get some good and some bad from type 7 and 8. Other than that, I am a typical type 5, id est nearly every single description fits.

It's interesting to see myself keep emphasising that "we are not alike", S and E keep repeating that "he is like this as well", and in the middle of the conversation R said "but you are afraid of him". Although I am a bit reluctant to admit, however I do know that we are similar on those characteristics. So, the reason for me being afraid of this guy we are talking about, is probably of these similarities. Maybe in dealing with this guy I see how difficult for people to deal with me. As little-prince said, whatever I don't like or feel annoyed about this guy, is a property that can be found in myself. Maybe another reason why I am afraid is that I believe people who are too similar to each other are too dangerous to be close.

There's one thing I agree but actually I don't really understand why and how. So if this guy is really a 4, and I am really a 5, and E is really a 5, then why am I more similar to this guy instead of E? Why E is different from us? Remind you that E is a typical 5 with a tendency towards 4 as well. Maybe E is just repressing his "weirdness", haha. Actually, I don't mind being weird, just that I do not want people to think that I don't mind. I do want people to think that I have made some attempt to fit in but not very successful, instead of knowing that actually I wasn't really keen at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment